Thursday, August 24, 2006

The first day of school is looming upon me and oh god am i scared...because I don't even have my classes figured out yet!!! They JUST cancelled a course that I really wanted to take in the department with my favorite professor, so I thought I might try to take a different graduate course which still looked very interesting to me, and now I'm going to have to convince that professor that I'm ready for that challenge and that I'm serious about my education...and I still have to convince my project supervisor professor to be my thesis advisor...both are very difficult endeavors, and I doubt they will BOTH fall into place...


I'm just incredibly upset because I'm trying so hard to carve out the education that I want, and I know I'm not going about it the same way as the other undergraduates, but it's what I have to do to get what I want out of my experience here. I have always wanted to take graduate courses in the department so that I could get more than what I got out of just the core requirements; they just left me thirsty for more. I just want this chance so badly so that I might be able to prove to myself that I can be successful again.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! You survived two semesters with TG, learning ridiculous things like what a second person singular middle present verb was, and the jillions of different reflexes of "gw" there are (I mean, 'b' in Welsh? wtf??). And remember that 110 was basically a grad course since the grad students had to take it too! AND, looking over the syllabi for my upcoming courses here at Penn, everything in Phonology, Phonetics, & Syntax I looks familiar because we covered it all at Cal. You have been so well-prepared! PLUS, you have the power of Chong. You have nothing to worry about. Anyway, if you keep worrying, I'll have to FedEx the poking fingers over to you, and you wouldn't like that.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger MM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger MM said...

Calm down Calm down. As a working woman I can safely say that it wont matter jack-shit after you grauate and get a real job. I know that sounds kind of depressing, but it is true. -Sigh- School is about having fun and getting to know yourself better. Enjoy, Enjoy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home