Saturday, August 26, 2006

hey baby come on back to my place

I've been in several situations where I wondered if people I lived with were having sex, I've even wondered if my roommate was having sex while I was sleeping in the same room, and walked in on them too, but never before in my life have I had to deal with an all-day shriek-fest. Actually, it's been going on for a couple of days, sometimes with cover-up music, sometimes without. OH MY GOD. I think they have some awareness that I exist, because after an especially loud shriek, I hear a "shhhh!" but the warning is pretty ineffectual. Like you have your normal sexy noises, and then you have these nonhuman high-pitched bird-call shrieks that pierce your eardrum. All. Day. Long. God, please please please make it stop. Or at least make them shriek into their pillow.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew, that's even worse than it was at the co-op. Sounds like school needs to start soon

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger mina said...

Ha ha. Been there. Though you hear the shushing sometimes, it is possible that they don't know this is the case. My (very passive) friend just dealt with this situation with her roomie for like FIVE MONTHS without saying anything; she just kept her ipod charged all the time. Then one day her roomie was home and engaged in producing noises and the neighbors from the next building over shouted, "Christ! We can hear you! We can hear you every time!" Turns out roomie had no idea and was (needless to say) completely mortified. Things have gotten a lot better since. So, uncomfortable, but ultimately productive conversation time?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger siobhan said...

I really was just about to scream at their door: "I'm really glad you're having amazing, mind-blowing orgasms, but in the next round, could you please just cover her mouth with a pillow? Thanks so much."

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I would try laughing really loud or stomping on the floor against their rhythm. Or use what I like to call "the nuclear option" just catch them on the way from or to the bedroom and say "the free clinic has called like 4 times for you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home