Tuesday, December 20, 2005

dear phonetics professor, i love you, but...

I be booking my plane ticket to Kiev now. (I am told our village was not far from Kiev. Maybe I can get a donkey ride there or something.) I am very excited about my new life in the Ukraine. I will be happy to be with other people like me, with large heads and high tolerances. So long, American friends. Tell my professors goodbye for me; I am no longer of their world.

(Btw, I will go far in the Ukraine with my TWO Ukrainian utterances:
varenyky = pyrogies
Hto te lyupish? = Who do you like?)

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger siobhan said...

Update: I was looking at a Ukrainian textbook over break while Klinton was at work in the language lab, and taught myself many Cyrillic characters while he spliced tape. My favorite character is "shcha"...yes, it is esh followed by the voiceless post-alveolar affricate! And it looks like an upside-down m! Probably all of you already knew that, but I was just giddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home