Wednesday, January 18, 2006

back in the saddle again

It's very hard for me to accept that things are winding up again. Last semester was the most I've ever worked in my entire life and I'm not ready for that again. I have all this reading to do and all I can bring myself to do is stare at the wall and think about some time when I was nine and I wanted to wear this pretty green skirt that my mom had with her gold bracelets so that I looked like a lady on the plane. My brain is refusing to focus on the here and now. Whenever I try to bring my eyes back to my book, they became instantly interested in my nails or my email box.

Also: Ubuntu has some horrible screensavers loaded onto it. There are like four with ants crawling all over the screen. Like I really want to see technicolor ants creeping all over the screen. Whose idea was that, and why did they think it would be popular? Sometimes they are crawling in hamster balls. Why not put a cute, fluffy hamster on the screensaver? Get it together.

Last thing: nataliedee.com is even better than ever before. Her drawings become more witty and ironic daily. Everyone go look at it. I am so honored that I introduced it to Jasmine :)

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I could have written that first paragraph. I haven't done crap today. Ooh, I just had a thought, what if the expression "haven't [verb] crap" follows the same progression as "n'a pas [verb]" --> "a pas [verb]," and "not" disappears and "crap" becomes our negative marker? How awesome would that be? Then we could go around saying things like "I'm crap hungry, I'm going to eat crap." All right, this needs to stop, I'm sorry for taking up your comments space.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger siobhan said...

Omg, that's freaking awesome! We need to spearhead this change! Does this count as visionary linguistics?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger MM said...

Yes, Yes... I agree. I also have done nothing this morning. My sentiment is the same as yours!!
I will do crap until I feel otherwise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home