Sunday, October 28, 2007

homesick

I miss Berkeley and my life there so much right now that I don't even know what to do about it. I just want to cry. I just have the feeling that nothing is ever going to be like it was there, ever again. It's not just the city I miss; I miss the phase of my life that I was in while I was there. Because it allowed me to enjoy it on another level. I know from Avenue Q that wanting to return to college is a common problem, but it was Berkeley...the fucking most amazing place in the world.

I know things will get better with time and as I meet more friends of my own here, but I yearn to go back there. It feels just like being dumped - something you love so much being ripped away from you without your control. I'm so heartbroken.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger MM said...

Don't worry. You'll adjust before you know it.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger mina said...

you should come live on my couch. waking up passed out on a linguist's couch has berkeley written all over it. plus then we could eat chocolate croissants and shop together all the time. three cheers for frivolity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home