Saturday, February 25, 2006

oh computer...

Something that is causing me great sadness right now is that my iPod will not work in Linux. K. downloaded a program for me that would work like iTunes, but it only worked when he used it, and it won't work for me. (Any of you computer-savvies know how to fix Banshee?) It just crashes whenever I plug in the iPod. Won't recognize it at all. I love my baby iPod that my mummy got me and I can't even add songs to it :( So it looks like K. will have to switch me back to Windows, which I am dreading, because I have grown to love using Ubuntu Linux and have actually learned how to do some stuff by myself! I despise Windows and its constant error messages: "Internet Explorer has experienced an unexpected error and must shut down." Because it makes me feel that much better to click "Send error report." But I suppose being able to easily use my toys is some motivation.
On a happier note, I set up my ethernet cable and I can actually use the internet in my apartment!!!! It's soooooooooooooooooooo fast! And I don't have to keep restarting the computer! I can't get internet if I move anywhere else, but I don't care!
I talked to my grandmother a few minutes ago and I was so jealous because she was going to go to the yarn store and get yarn to make a scarf for my aunt. It is the perfect day for knitting! I wish I could go with her to the yarn store and play with all the plushy yarn and be knitting away for hours with my grandmother, with a cat curled up at my feet. And eat cabbage rolls. And tend a fire in a fireplace. (My grandmother does not have a cat or a fireplace, but I can add them in my head.) Such a happy idea.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you add a fireplace to my apartment in your head? I really want one

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger siobhan said...

[eyes shut tightly] i'm picturing your apartment...there's the cat...there's the futon...and...[eyes blink open] FIREPLACE! Oh wait, no, that was a fire I made in your place. Shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home