Thursday, March 23, 2006

oh, and a strange dream

Geoffrey will appreciate this. I had a pretty strange dream this morning, in between smackings of the snooze alarm. I don't really remember how it started, but somehow I became aware that Julia Roberts was in a lot of trouble, and I was related to her closely enough that I would become aware of this soon after it happened. There was a flurry of people around her, and I was trying to ascertain the details of the situation. Finally I found out that she had killed someone, and that she entered her plea as guilty, but then changed it back later, and that caused a big stir because people thought better of her when she was admitting her own guilt. Everyone decided to hate her when she claimed her innocence. Somehow I went back in time in the dream to find out what actually happened. It turned out that she thought that she was being stalked by an Elvis impersonator (which, I was told in the dream, had just happened to her). When driving home late at night, she thought she saw someone walking towards her house and thought it was another stalker, got really scared, lost control of the car, and accidentally hit him. I talked to her and asked, did he really look like an Elvis impersonator? And she said, actually, no, he looked like that guy [pointing to Elvis Costello, who happened to be standing nearby]. It turned out also that after the body landed in her yard and had been lying there, the investigators were so disgusted with her actions that they dumped the dead body on her doorstep. I don't know what the resolution was in her trial, but they did let her out of confinement to go to her son's college graduation. The son kind of looked like the mean guy in That Thing You Do!. When she saw him and went up to hug him, I was standing behind her, but then assumed her body while she hugged him, for some reason. Then it was over.


???

2 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO appreciate this. I especially like the whole elvis transposition... it's like your dream was playing word games.
I meant to blog a dream a few days ago, but I didn't, and it's gone now.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger klinton said...

wow. that's the coolest dream i've ever heard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home