Friday, March 31, 2006

recent happenings

  • Klinton had to install Windows on my computer. It was a sad night, and I needed some time with my pretty Ubuntu linux desktop to say goodbye. I would have kept it for as long as I could have, but I had to make my iPod work, so it had to go. :( Luckily Klinton was able to customize it so that it didn't have a nice ugly XP taskbar and enormous window borders, so I can pretend that it isn't actually Windows. But I still get some fun error messages and slooooooowww startups.
  • I got new glasses! I had to get new ones and then got the run-around from my insurance company so I had to go home to see my old optometrist and pay out of pocket. (However, he gave me professional advice for free!) We had no idea when Kaiser would decide to give me back my health insurance, so we decided to suck it up and just go to Lens Crafters, which is my new favorite place. They made me a pretty new pair of glasses in 30 minutes (not their usual hour!) and they're Armani! I'm very happy with them.
  • I almost cried when I watched #1 Single with Lisa Loeb. I feel like I'm on hormonal replacement therapy.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your old glasses, which I take to mean we have simmilar taste in eyewear, so I'm sure the new ones are fabulous.
I've only seen like ten minutes of it, but I like that Lisa Loeb show. I think she should try dating me.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger siobhan said...

Worse age gaps have been seen in Hollywood/the music industry. You're 21, she's 37...you could hella go on a double date with Demi and Ashton. That would be so hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home