Monday, April 24, 2006

i am not alive

For those of you who have real jobs or simply like getting up at the crack of dawn (I almost typed crack of damn...awesome), do not read this post. Really.



HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, 7AM IS WAYYYY TOO EARLY! HOLY FUCKING SHIT DAMN FUCK! AAAAAAAAAAAA!

I had to BE ON CAMPUS at 7:55 in the freaking morning to help my roommate with a human fitness assessment class project thingy, and I was like, Sure! I was going to get up at 9:30 anyway! Yay!!! But then last night, I so intelligently decided to stay up until 4:30 to work on my 131 homework, and thought, 2 hours of sleep is good. I reset my alarms a total of 5 times because I could not believe how exhausted I was when I got up, and my housemates (luckily, not my roommate) got to hear "Vertigo" blasting from my cell phone 5 times...I should really buy them a cake or something. I hope they don't hate me. After I left the assessment, I called Klinton to whine at him and just made a lot of donkey-like whining noises at the prospect of staying on campus all day, then came here to the library. And there are actually people in here! What is everyone doing up this early? No one should be alive right now. My hours are 11:00 am - 3:00 am. I perceive this to be normal, and everyone else should too. Nothing good happens that early anyway. No one cares about sunrises or morning dew. I don't want to be up until all the fog is burned off. Why is the world functioning right now?? This is so horrible! This is going to be the worst day of my life! I want to go back to sleep...............

9 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up at 5:20 on Sunday to prepare for and transport myself to a sociology panel. It was gross. Once I was awake, though, I felt very productive. At about 11 or so, when the "real" day was just beginning, I had already accomplished quite a bit.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Lame, I'm usually up from 6:30-midnight on weekdays, and longer on weekends (you-know-who makes sure I don't sleep past 8 hours on the weekend)
long story short: shaddup and get to bed earlier you whippersnapper!
get off my lawn!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww i do sympathize with the lack of sleep thang. *magical sleep energy*

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger klinton said...

i totally agree with Geoffrey in that the few times I have (a) gotten enough sleep and (b) gotten up early, I have gotten a lot done in the morning, and probably significantly more than I get done during the same amount of time at night.

That said, I don't get up early much...

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed by that string of swears; I think it almost rivals the one at the beginning of Love Actually. In fact, it may even be better, just because you are normally so genteel.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger siobhan said...

alan: haha old man, cuz I just stole your garden gnome!
laurel: are you being sarcastic?
geoffrey: my "real" day doesn't start until like 3 pm. wow, from that perspective, i have a lot in common with a prostitute.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Alan said...

From a certain perspective we ALL have something in common with a prostitute.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm not! I really was impressed! I would be too timid to pull that off.

(posting this for the 3rd time because I failed the first two word verification tests! I suck)

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and, apparently, I failed the name-spelling test, too. Sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home