Monday, April 24, 2006

Random poll

Here is a random poll to anyone who's reading (for Alan, I will include lots of question marks). I have actually wondered recently how many of my friends have done or pondered or experienced the following:

  1. Did any of you read the Sweet Valley High series when you were 10? (Response probably limited to females.)
  2. What was your favorite period of your life?
  3. What was the most surreal experience you have ever had with a stranger?
  4. What was your favorite item when you were a child?
  5. Did any of you have a random music phase when you were 13? I went through a rap phase when I was 11 (I was all about Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony) and a Metallica phase at 13. Now I have a pretty mellow mix of indie rock and 80s music. I wondered if anyone else had such an extreme change.
  6. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I didn't have a sixth question, so I thought I'd just throw in some punctuation marks to complete the rainbow.




Damn, that didn't waste nearly enough time. What else is there to do? I really don't want to do my 131 assignment. Um, maybe I'll make a quiz on quizilla...about what though? I know:

"What Inuyasha character are you????? PICS!!!!"

3 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Haven't even heard of it.
2. It pretty much just keeps getting better.
3. I was on the BART heading to Oakland, and this oldish fellow with disheveled grey hair and a beard sat down across from me. He looked like Santa after a run of really horrible luck. He started singing, which is a real good way to get people on a train to completely ignore you -- nobody wants to make eye contact with someone crazy enough to sing in public without a gut full of Jagermeister and a video screen full of Justin Timberlake lyrics. I just sort of watched him though, and he made eye contact with me. It was clear before long that he was singing not just in my direction, but to me. I don't think it was me the individual, per se...it was his audience he was singing to, and I just happened to be the only one in it. The song was distinctly folksy, about a place, someone's home. The only thing I remember about it was a line in the chorus about the mud sucking your toes as you walked through it. I tried later on to find out what the song was, but I made no progress. It felt a little odd, this impromptu personal connection, but I just kept looking him in the eye as he sang. It felt profound.
4. I had this little brown mouse stuffed animal with a red baseball hat sewn on. His leg was falling off, and my mom repeatedly had to repair it. She eventually told me he was too worn out and put him in a box on the top shelf of the closet.
5. At about 13 my friend Gary and I found some tapes in a dumpster and took them back to his place. I kept a Bell Biv Devoe one and thought it was cool for a while.
6. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Alan said...

On my first trip to Las Vegas, a buddy and I were waiting outside a Motel 6 (classy) while a friend registered everything. This stumbling drunk bum falls out of the gift shop with a 6 pack of beer, staggers over to us, and looks us both dead in the eye and says. "If I were you, I would steal one of dem fake license plates in there, steal that corvette, and get the hell out of here. This place steals your soul." He then walked away and almost got hit by a car. We had a great time. Yes it's a true story.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Nope, I was a Babysitter's club fan tho.
2. the part i can't remember where other people fed me and held me and did my laundry and wiped my butt.
3. Really cute guy checking me out on the bus and me not knowing what to do next.
4. Lammy poo
5. I used to be into easy listening and new age and smooth jazz on KKSF (John Tesh, enya, random soothing world music) when i was like 12 and 13. Only Enya has survived from that random period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home