Friday, April 28, 2006

rock gods

I realized that I really do revere U2 a little too much, too much like a deity. I was trying to figure out what to listen to on my iPod while I worked in the library and thought, "Ooh, Mates of State" but then I thought, "You should really listen to U2. They are your U2." But then I had a counterthought: "It's okay to listen to other bands. After all, U2 themselves would want you to. They would want you to expand your horizons to have other experiences with which to better experience their music." And then I laughed at myself, because they probably don't give a shit...but I want to think they do. They love their fans. And if they love their fans, then they must REALLY love me. *looks googly-eyed into the distance* *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't address the concept of U2 omnisciently caring what Jacqueline the individual plays on her ipod, but I will take a firm stance that they would want Jacqueline the abstract devoted U2 fan to broaden her musical horizons. Have no fear.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest Death Cab for Cutie and Badly Drawn Boy and Zero 7...i think that's all for now.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is U2?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home