Wednesday, June 14, 2006

this is not a real update

BUT I had to complain about the following. I was in the lab until 1 freaking 30 last night, I went to bed at 4:45, I've been pushing myself to do this work far beyond the point which my body and mind are able, and here I find myself again in the lab when..............some idiots occupying 145 Dwinelle are blasting marching songs with the door open, and I sadly find myself across the hall from them. Now I enjoy a good march now and again; it really stirs the spirit at football games and the like. But I find this extremely unacceptable in A PLACE OF WORK unless the producers of this row are 1) soldiers or 2) a displaced contingent of the Cal band. The little CalSO babies can hear our damn fight song at a damn football game.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger MM said...

What on EARTH are you doing at that time of morning working in a lab? We have to talk sister. I gave myself a terrible thyroid affiction by working my body too much and stressing too much about things. Seriously, do not puch yourself so hard. At 1:30 you should be asleep; I don't care what the freaking is "due". Stress can kill people. I learned this the hard way: sleep is good. You MUST make time for it.

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Margaret ... this is ridiculous and unnecessary. KJ is not cruel ... he will understand if something is late. It's the summer! and he's not even HERE for crying out loud

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to blast U2 in response to the marching band. You never know what they might break out in. Then there's always practicing velar fricatives - a sure bet to scare anyone off.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger siobhan said...

yeah, the voiced version is especially weird-sounding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home